What in the world is Mickey Mouse Club House you ask; well that ladies and gentlemen has become my Monday-Friday DVR’s recording. It’s weird to think that at such a young age he would be interested in TV. All he needs is the sound of the chorus and he is glued. We discovered quickly that to get a moment of peace and quiet we needed back up; I’m not talking about mom and dad reinforcements I’m talking about the coolest show on TV, Mickey Mouse! Once Ivan hears the “It’s the Mickey Mouse Club House, Come on in it‘s fun inside” Game over! We have won his little heart over.
Now, I know some of you may think he is too small to be glued to the TV or that we shouldn’t be using the TV as a “babysitter”, but come on, it’s the 21st century and he loves it. Not only has he grown attached to the mouse, he also loves reading books with mom, counting and singing, so see, were not using it as a babysitter but as a resource to get his little mind working ( J). Now all crap aside, at first we really did only use the shows for the songs and noise since Ivan is an only child there is never really noise in our house ( now there is). Once he realized that there was a screen associated with the noise, he was all in. I remember the first time I seen him “watching” the TV, he was on our bed, laying down and as soon as he heard the tunes, he sat up on his own to watch what was going on. That is when I knew we had struck gold! He sat there for the entire show, lying on his side, watching the characters count and sing. It’s actually kind of neat all the things they incorporate into the shows on Disney. For example, they teach preschoolers or infants in my case how to count, show them colors, and sing while doing it. That’s talent! Now he doesn’t sit there and watch TV all day, (see, I’m not a bad parent after all) only Mickey Mouse Club House seems to entertain him. It’s weird, don’t know why no other cartoons grab his attention must be all the colors and their funky songs. So for now, we’ll keep watching until the mouse goes out of style.
(If he ever will…..)
No comments:
Post a Comment